Friday, November 15, 2013

One Whole Decade Married!

A little over 11 years ago, I was sitting in the very back of my Senior English class beside my friend Kelli, when he walked in.....
He walked straight into that class, like he had been there before, to the very back and sat beside me. My friends and I all looked at each other, shrugging, we immediately knew he was a new kid. We were in a small school, and you know a new kid when you see him. I could tell he was quiet, and knew no one in the room so I leaned over to say hi.
I had no idea I was introducing myself to my future husband.
I had no idea, he would be the love of my life, I had no idea he would be the father of my son, I had no idea, he would change all the "plans" I had for my life, and I had no idea he would take me on this crazy Marine Corps ride.
BUT I do remember thinking he was something special, and I was right.

I married Cory Canterbury on November 15, 2003
6 months after our high school graduation
5 3/4 months after he joined the Marines
and 2 hours before he told me he would deploying to Afghanistan 2 1/2 months later.

The day I married him, I was 18 years old. I just wanted to be his, I knew it was right, I knew it was what God had planned for me, I knew it was going to be hard, but I knew it was meant to be. And amongst some doubters, and a lot of people who loved us, I said "I do" with the biggest smile on my face.

We left the very next day for Jacksonville, NC where I started my new life as a Marine Corps wife.

A decade later... we are still here, still married, and more than ever, still in love 
By Kathleen Amelia

As many of you know, our photographer's shutter in his camera was messing up during our wedding, so a lot of our pictures from our wedding did not turn out.
The few we have, have been collected from friends and family members.

This year, I wanted to treat my photo loving self and do a photo shoot of just Cory & I.
(As you can imagine, Face is truly the most photogenic of us 3)

Its not often that we take any of just us anymore, let alone an entire shoot dedicated to us. :)


The lovely Kathleen Amelia took all these fabulous photos for us.
I am SO SO in love with them and can not express how grateful I am for these.
If you ever get the chance to be in front of her camera, GO! Don't think twice, just go, and do it. You will not regret it.  


These pictures are just, so...US! 
There is no explaining how they make me feel, and I am so excited to be sharing them with you all.

 



To my Darlin,
I can't believe how fast 10 years have come and gone. Somedays I still feel as if we are those 17 year olds sneaking a kiss before class started.
You are my one true friend. There is no one in the world like you. Although I do not tell you nearly enough, you are perfect, in every. single. way.
Yes, I truly mean that. 
You are perfect for me, my match.
Even though we have spent probably more time apart then we have together, and sometimes situations are... just hard, I couldn't imagine standing by anyone else in this life. You are worth every lonely night i've spent alone, all the nights i've cried worried about your safety, you are worth following around all over this big world. You are worth it all.
Marrying you was one of the best decision I ever made.
I love you!
Happy Anniversary Darlin!
Im excited to see where our life together takes us, and remember I will always always be there for you. Through thick and thin.  




Marriage Is...

A commitment. Its success doesn't
depend on feelings, circumstances, or
moods ~ but on two people who are
loyal to each other and the vows they
took on their wedding day...

Marriage Is...

Hard work. It means chores, disagreements,
misunderstandings, and times when you
might not like each other very much. When
you work at it together, it can be the
greatest blessing in the world.

A relationship where two people must listen,
compromise, and respect. It's an arrangement
that requires a multitude of decisions to be
made together. Listening, respecting, and
compromising go a long way toward keeping
peace and harmony.

Marriage Is...

A union in which two people learn from
their mistakes, accept each other's faults,
and wilingly adjust behaviours that need to
be changed. It's caring enough about each
other to work through disappointing and
hurtful times, and believing in the love that
brought you together in the first place.

Patience and forgiveness. It's being open
and honest, thoughtful and kind.
Marriage means talking things out,
making necessary changes, and forgiving
each other. It's unconditional love at its
most understanding and vulnerable ~ love
that supports, comforts, and is determined to
triumph over every challenge and adversity.

Marriage is a partnership of two unique
people who bring out the very best in each
other and who know that even though they
are wonderful as individuals... they are even
better together.

Barbara Cage

1 comment:

  1. Love love loved reading this!!!! I wish you both the best and much blessings, happiness and more babies!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...